December 12, 2008

Introducing Capital C

After much time spent reading conservative blogs and forums, I have finally decided to jump in the action and start one of my own. The urge had been with me for a while, but I lacked the motivation to put my words and ideas down officially.

With the recent political and parliamentary crisis, namely the proposal of a Liberal-NDP coalition government, propped up and vetoed by the Bloc Quebecois, I felt the need to finally create my outlet to discuss these events and those that will surely follow.

In coming weeks, as Stephen Harper's Conservative government continues to prepare its 2009 Budget, the Liberal camp will be working on a strategy for its response. While I hope the opposition will be willing to work with the government, many of us also know that when it comes to political ambition, we are looking at a very eager crowd.

So, as the posts add up here in the weeks and months to come, I will be mostly looking at the state of the Liberal Party with its newly crowned leader, Michael Ignatieff. Also, at the attitude the Jack Layton and his NDP. I will pay attention to what the media is saying in all of this, and where they are trying to lead public opinion. But let's not forget, we will look at what our Conservative government is doing with its power, as it looks to regain control of the agenda in the New Year.

Thank you and welcome to Capital C.

No comments: